That's where Area Five’s Family Caregiver program comes in. Our program helps provide services, conducts support groups and offers resources to help caregivers be the best they can be. We also help grandparents who are caring full time for their grandchildren.
Caregiver Respite Program Guidelines
Area Five offers family caregivers temporary help. The primary purpose is to provide respite (time away for caregivers): however, other supplemental items may be approved.
- Care recipient must be 60 years of age or older and meet nursing home level of care.
- A grandparent must provide full-time care for children.
- Consideration will first be first come, first served.
1. Call the ADRC at 574-737-2100 or 800-654-9421. Tell them you are calling about the CareGiver Program. You will be asked questions to complete a client profile (if you are not a current client) and prescreened before referral.
2. One of our case managers will contact you to set an apointment for a full evaluation and provide information and support to the caregiver.
3. Each situation will be evaluated individually. We will share resources to assist you and help you through the process (if needed).
4. In all cases approval must be made prior to arrangement for services, and provider must be willing to be paid after services are given or item is delivered. The vendor must provide the services tax-free as well as provide their social security number or tax ID number.
5. If structural changes are requested to the home, the caregiver or recipient must hold the deed and recipient must live in that home.
6. More than one quote may be necessary for large items.
Caregivers can also receive details about support group meetings and other resources by calling our office at (800) 654-9421. The program is for those who live in Cass, Fulton, Howard, Miami, Tipton and Wabash counties.