Indiana Minority Health Coalition of Cass County
Indiana Minority Health Coalition of Cass County's (IMHC) Mission is to improve the overall health, fitness, and wellness of the people in our communities with an emphasis on preventative services, along with helping people connect to health insurance options.
Logansport Memorial Hospital Foundation is the lead agency for the Cass County Indiana Minority Health Coalition. Without their guidance and support Area Five Agency on Aging and Community Services, Inc. would not be able to offer this comprehensive health awareness program to the community. The local outreach for IMHC of Cass County has been active since 2008.
On April, 13, 2011, the Cass County Indiana Minority Health Coalition was awarded the "Rising Star Award" for exceeding and completing all of the deliverables under th ISDH contract!!! Great teamwork Cass County IMHC!!!!
IMHC is active in the community throughout the year by offering the following outreach opportunities:
- Health Fairs
- Youth Cafe Informational Luncheons in partnership with Indiana Youth Institute and CKF of Cass, Fulton, and Miami County
- Educational programs such as Shining Smiles, Chronic Disease Mgmt: Living with Diabetes, and Bienvenido's, just to name a few.
- Quarterly Health Coalition Meetings partnering with CKF of Cass, Fulton, and Miami County
- Health Screens with an opportunity to enroll in Hoosier Healthwise and/or the Healthy Indiana Plan
- Informational Workshops related to health and health disparities locally identified
- Community Events
For additional information about the IMHC please visit http://imhc.org or contact our Cass County Office directly at (574) 737-2100 or (800) 654-9421
IMHC of Cass County welcomes the opportunity to be a part of your community event. Please contact us with event details.
EAT BETTER - MOVE MORE - AVOID TOBACCO INshape INDIANA