To facilitate this outcome the Ombudsman can provide the following activities
- Receives, investigates, and attempts to resolve problems or complaints affecting residents of Long-Term Care facilities.
- Answers questions and provides information and referral about Long-Term Care and related services.
- Promotes resident, family, and community involvement in Long-Term Care.
- Promotes community education and awareness of the needs of residents.
- Coordinates efforts with other agencies and organizations concerned with Long-Term Care.
- Identifies issues and problem areas in Long-Term Care and recommends needed changes